As the Tadpole 2 Season winds down in the spring, players have the opportunity to try out for AAHA all-star/representative teams to compete in a 9U “Mini Mosquito” competition in the summer. This is an introduction to “rep” level, “all-star” baseball and is also an introduction to Mosquito rules.
If players (and parents) are interested in Mini-Mosquito, here are a few items to note:
- Mini Mosquito is for 9U Tadpole aged players.
- Tryouts will take place in June
- If there are enough interested players and available coaches, there may be 2 teams selected.
- Teams will be made up of 12 players.
- Priority in selection will go to Tadpole 2 players.
- The season runs for the entire month of July.
- Expect a full schedule: Between league games, tournaments and practices, approximately 6 days per week.
- Practices may take place during the day or evening on weekdays.
- League games will take place on weeknights and may involve travel all over the lower mainland.
- Tournaments will include games on Friday night and all day Saturday and Sunday. Tournaments may include travel outside the Lower Mainland.
- Games are played with Mosquito rules. This includes a hardball; players pitching the entire game; sliding; stealing.
- Registration fees will be announced at the time of tryouts.